Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Way of the Pure in Heart…Coming Clean

There is great promise for the pure in heart.

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. - Matthew 5:8 (NASB)

In order to find God, or “see” Him, we must first find ourselves. We must “see” ourselves for who we really are apart from God. It is not a pretty picture.

"For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man." - Mark 7:21-23 (NASB)

The moment we come clean with ourselves, the opportunity is there for us to come clean with God. No more blaming others. No more rationalizations. No more self-justification. No more self-comparisons.

For we are not bold to class or compare ourselves with some of those who commend themselves; but when they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are without understanding. - 2 Corinthians 10:12 (NASB)

All we need is a little light.

For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. - 2 Corinthians 4:6 (NASB)

Father, are You there? I have lost my way. I don’t know who I am anymore, let alone You. My heart is cold. My way is dark. Please give me some Light. Please let me see Jesus.


"…Sir, we wish to see Jesus." -
John 12:21 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment